MAJOR EVENT: THE APQ RENT-SETTING CLINIC
The Association des Propriétaires du Québec (APQ) will again assist you for the period of rent increases.
Our rent-setting clinic will take place on Saturday, January 28, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in a hybrid formula:
- in webcast form;
- face-to-face at 10716 Blvd. Saint-Laurent, Montreal (APQ Multiplexer)
Caution, the holding of this event will be subject to the health regulations in force on January 28, 2023.
This rent-setting clinic is completely free and exceptionally open to all on January 28, 2023. Whether you are a rental property owner or a building manager, everyone will find their interest in knowing the rules set by the Administrative Housing Tribunal (TAL).
1) APQ Conferences (Open to all)
Available in site AND in webcast, you will have access to 4 live conferences only :
10 a.m. Can we refuse a potential tenant?
11 a.m. My tenant refuses the rent increase;
1 p.m. Clause G, on declaring the last amount of rent paid;
2 p.m: How to calculate rent increases according to the criteria of the Administrative Housing Tribunal (TAL).
Reservation is required – Places are limited
Register directly at the following links :
- Room registration - CONFERENCES (Available from Monday, October 17, 2022)
Online registration - CONFERENCES (Available from Monday, October 17, 2022)
2) Calculation assistance (ONLY FOR SILVER, GOLD or PLATINUM MEMBERS)
With the help of our advisors, you will be able to obtain assistance in calculating increases according to the Administrative Housing Tribunal (TAL) criteria through the APQ application.
These calculations can be done in situ OR online (with Google Meet), depending on the number of places available.
Caution, as the number of places is limited it is mandatory to register in advance. First come, first served, up to the number of places available.
Silver, Gold or Platinum members should register directly at the following link :
- On-site registration - HELP WITH CALCULATIONS IN SITE (available as of Monday, October 17, 2022)
Online registration - ONLINE CALCULATION Assistance (available as of Monday, October 17, 2022)
Following your registration, you will receive an e-mail with a selected time slot and instructions for this meeting.
It will always be possible, for members (Silver, Gold or Platinum only), to receive assistance outside these available time slots at a cost of $49.95 per building.
A quick reminder: to do your calculations you must have the following invoices on hand:
- Municipal taxes (2021-2022 and 2022-2023);
- School taxes (2021-2022 and 2022-2023);
- Insurance as of Dec. 31, 2022 AND on Dec. 31, 2021;
- Electricity bills;
- Gas bills;
- Fuel oil bills;
- Maintenance invoices committed;
- Management fees;
- Invoices for repairs and major works relating to the entire building;
- Major work related to a specific dwelling.
GOOD CALCULATIONS TO YOU ALL!
Not already member of the APQ ?
Take advantage of all our services by joining now